poniedziałek, 30 września 2013

Irish lace square. Pattern coming soon ( I hope! )

I started this cute little piece yesterday. My kids were watching a Spiderman movie and I watched with them but I just couldn't sit there in my chair doing nothing. And a couple of days ago I  bought a ball of cotton thread at a garage sale, practically for no money at all. And DH bought me a nice ergonomic 2.25 mm crochet hook. So:








I found rose and leaf patterns online in some vintage pattern collection, but I didn't follow them strictly. I improvised the netting and edging to make it look similar to different Irish lace pictures. I really, really wanted to make all those cute leafy, clovery picots  around :)

The group of four roses, netting and edging are made in one piece. The leaves are made separately and appliqued. The piece has to be steamed with hot iron and pinned overnight to block.

Yay! I made it and my wrists survived!! So I will be making it again, especially that there's still a lot of thread on that ball  :)

8 komentarzy:

  1. Przesliczne. Zdolna dziewczyna.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Oh my gosh ... it is beautiful! I've never tried Irish crochet - to be honest I am a little scared of it. This is really gorgeous, and those picots are perfect.

    What will you do with it?

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Ooops, I wrote a nice reply and it vanished!!
      Thank you! This was not difficult at all and I hope I'll be able to write it up .
      It's going to be a cushion or a wall hanging, still looking for a perfect and thrifty background :)

      Usuń
  3. So incredibly beautiful!!! I just love it. Your work is pure art :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń